Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chevron Belt

So I made this super easy project today in about ten minutes. So simple. You will need:
-Belt with flat buckle (mine was $10 at Anthropologie)
-Clear Spray Paint/Sealant
-Paint pen (I used gold)
-Clear nail polish
-Masking tape

Steps:
Tape around buckle to make sure you don't get paint on the strap of the belt

 Create a chevron pattern with masking tape - you can measure this but I found it pretty easy to freehand

 Fill in with the paint pen
 To make the next chevron, tape above the current line.
 Draw a thin line on top of the tape
Add another piece slightly above the line you just drew and fill that in - repeat to fill belt buckle
 Clean up your lines with a paintbrush or q-tip (I found the q-tip worked slightly better) dipped in nail polish remover
 Add some more tape to the strap and then spray with a light coat of sealant
Wait for the sealant to dry (it only takes a minute or so) and then pour on and spread out a large dollop of clear nail polish. Clear varnish/resin would probably work well too, but I used what I had.

 That's it! I'm so happy with how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment